Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blog #14 CALL Summary

I feel like it's hard for me to choose right now, which CALL tools I will use in the future, but I do appreciate having an idea of the different tools that are out there. I think I'll have to get into my next classroom and take in both the subject of the course as well as my students' personalities in order to decide which tools, if any, to use. I do feel like we received a great variety of tools and an abundant amount of them. At the time it was frustrating for me, but now I really appreciate that I am familiar with these tools and feel more apt to explore others.

All in all I think one should only use CALL tools if the activity cannot be done without them or if it will be more beneficial to the students to use them. Although I think in an academic setting, they should be used, not only for their language acquisition benefits, but also to learn computer skills. It's important for students planning to enter a university to feel very comfortable using the computer, especially for research. I think CALL tools can be very useful, but each class needs to be evaluated first. If CALL tools are something that one's class can benefit from and if the students are interested in using them, then I think they should definitely be incorporated into the curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment